Thursday, July 18, 2013

Get Ripped Workout 7/17/2013

My name is Harrison Root and I recently graduated from Ithaca College with a BS in Exercise Science. I  started working at Elevate Fitness in the beginning of July, and as a bonus, I am allowed to participate in any of our nine new group personal training classes. So far I have only experienced Third Shift Lift (Monday & Wednesday @ 6:30 pm with Bonnie) and Get Ripped (Monday & Thursday 8 am), but I intend to try each one. The workout this morning (Get Ripped) was designed to have the client utilize a weighted exercise, and then immediately afterwords perform a body weighted exercise (in order to properly stimulate all muscle groups). It proceeded as follows:

Set 1
Bench Press - 15 rep                            Each set is to be done 3 times.
Push Up - 25 rep

Set 2
Lat Pull Down - 15 rep
Pull Up or TRX Row- 10 rep / 5 rep

Set 3
Weighted (DB) Squat - 25 rep
Lunges with Foot in TRX - 15 rep each leg

Set 4
DB Bicep Curls - 15 rep
TRX Bicep Curls - 20 rep

Set 5
Crunches with Rope - 30 rep
Crunches on Floor - 50 rep

CARDIO
Bike 1 mile in under 3 minutes
Row 25 calories in under 1 minute 30 seconds

 I know myself, as well as the other members of the class, were feeling the burn. I highly recommend joining next Monday (7/22) at 8 am with Gary if you want to gain some muscle mass. In addition to Get Ripped we have an entire new Group Personal Training Class Schedule that is available on our website. The first class is free so there's no reason not to try it out!

Harrison

No comments: